6 October 2015

Fame The Musical - April 1993

I simply have to start this blog off with an entry about the very first musical I saw.
My mother took me to Stockholm in April 1993 to see Fame The Musical at China Teatern - and what can I say? I have been a huge musical fan ever since.

Unfortunately I don't have a programme, or any notes or diary entries on the musical, so I am unable to write a specific review about the show, but I remember being absolutely taken in by the music and the singing and the dancing and the scenery and the lights - it was quite overwhelming (I was 15 years old at the time)!!
I was completely absorbed by the whole show and was quite startled when the interval came - and I just turned to my mother and loudly exclaimed:
- Oh wow! I never knew anything like this existed!!

The show featured well-known Swedish performers Petra Nielsen, Karl Dyall and Peter Jöback - considering in retrospect what has become of Peter Jöback it is absolutely amazing to have seen him as early as in 1993!!

I do have a cd recording of the show, and I'm very happy about that! It felt amazing to be able to take a bit of this magic world home after the show, and now, after all this time, I'm also quite happy to have this specific recording, as it makes a great memory of the show!






Cast:
Carmen - Petra Nielsen
Tyrone - Karl Dyall
Nick - Peter Jöback
Schlomo - Fredrik Johansson
Joe - Dan Malmer
Serena - Linda Söderholm
Goody - Mikael Renliden
Iris - Susanne Rodas
Lambchops - Anki Albertsson
Mabel - Blossom Tainton
Miss Sherman - Monica Sliverstrand
Miss Bell - Tina Leijonberg
Mr. Myers - Kristian Thulesius
Mr. Sheinkopf - Jan Nygren

No comments: