8 October 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Les Misérables!

(image borrowed from the Les Misérables Facebook Page)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Les Misérables - celebrating 30 years today!
Amazing!!
My first experience with Les Miz was a production in Karlstad, Sweden, in 1995, I think ... I was quite mesmerized by the music (although not so impressed by the performer playing Jean Valjean, unfortunately ...), and I did buy the cd with highlights from that production.
It wasn't until I found the 10th Anniversary Concert on VHS I really fell for this musical, but ever since I saw it I have been a true fan!! Have now seen it several times in London, and have a number of different recordings ... and I have also some quite profound opinions about the show! :) 
I will try to express at least some of that in various entries in this blog in the future!
I very much wish I could have been in London for this marvellous anniversary, but unfortunately that was quite impossible! Here's a big Hurray from Sweden, anyway - hoping that the next 30 years will be just as successful!
Happy Birthday Les Miz!!

No comments: